Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Sea Inside: Post 1

Q: What is your general reaction and response to the film?
A: At first while watching this film, I really disliked it. It was full of sorrow, and the message was against my morals. I do not believe in suicide or assisted suicide. I believe that God controls life in general, and killing anyone or one's self, means that whoever they are is playing God. I did however begin to see Ramon's point of view as the film went on. He posted a very good argument, and seemed very sure of what he was trying to do. He kept asking why everyone was so afraid of death, because it was coming sooner or later. Although I was unable to finish the very last part of the movie, I still disagree with Ramon's request to die. I also thought that Ramon was extremely self-centered, and sometimes completely oblivious to anyone's feelings but his own. Imagine what asking to die would do on the parents? On the rest of the family?

Q: What do you think of Ramon's request for assisted suicide, the court's response to him, and his individual actions?
A: I disagree with the request for assisted suicide, I believe it is morally wrong. The court's response however, was very bias. They said no, and they would hear nothing else because that law is the law, and it shouldn't be bent for anybody. I think that it is justice to hear what everyone has to say, and listen with an open mind and opinion. Ramon's individual actions were mostly inconsiderate of everyone around him. He played with two women's minds, dragged what family he had through the mud so he could die, and was most of the time, very rude. He did have his moments of kindness, at one point in the movie, his sister-in-law told him he had a heart of gold. I still disagree.

Q: What do you think of his friends who agreed to help him?
A: I think they were extremely tolerant. I believe that they are the one's with a heart of gold for helping a friend, even if he does want to die. Asking to die is an extreme request, and the fact that although they disagreed with his request, but still agreed to help him is amazing.

No comments: