Sunday, September 23, 2007

This I Believe Homework Assignment

1. A link to the essay:
Lisa Sandin's, "This I Believe," Essay

2. Author:
Lisa Sandin

3. Title:
I Am Not My Body

4. One sentence of what the belief is:
Lisa Sandin believes that she is more than her body -- and more than her birth defect.

5. 2 examples from the story that showed their belief:
"Some people think I am my body and treat my with prejudice or pity... It took years, but I have learned to ignore the stares and just smile back."

"I was taught to respect my body, but to remember that is was only a vehicle that carried the important things: my brain and soul."

6. 1 favorite passage:
My favorite quote from Lisa Sandin's, "This I Believe," paper is the last line when she says, "This I believe: I am your fellow being and, like you, I am so much more than a body."

No comments: